Sunday, December 31, 2017

Activity 2: Setting Sail

Activity 2: Setting Sail

This activity I have to pretend that I am writing a letter to a friend saying that I am going to New Zealand on a Waka.

Hi friend
Today I am going to go to New Zealand on a Waka. I am nervous because the boat could tip but I am excited because I am going to a new country also I am sad because I am leaving my house and friends. I have never been on a Waka and I hope that the water will be calm. I wonder if there will as many trees as there is here also if there will be many people there already. It will be weird because I will not be able to take much over.
I will miss you.


from Jess

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess

    It would be a very scary thing moving to a new country. Imagine how it would feel. You are right you wouldn't be able to take much with you, as you would only have a small amount of room on the waka.
    The thought of not being able to see the land would worry me. You could be in the open ocean for quite a while.
    I would get quite sea sick too I think. I don't really like being on the water for too long.
    I like that you have set out this activity by making it look like a letter, well done.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.