Tuesday, December 18, 2018

SLJ W1 D2 A2

Week 1
Day 2
Activity 2: Fabulous Ferns [4 points]


Today I was writing 3 New Zealand Nation sports that have the word fern in their name. My favourite
uniform is the Silver Ferns because I like the picture of the Fern at the bottom. I notice the spices logo
on their uniform and that they are all black and white because they are New Zealand's colours.
Sometimes there are number or letter to say there position or they might have there name on there
uniform.


Silver Ferns
Back Ferns
Image result for black ferns
Football Fern:

Image result for football ferns

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jess
    What I like about your post is that you can label the pictures. Have you ever been to see any of these teams? Keep up the great work!

    Blog ya later:)
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Jessica! My name is AJ and I go to Christ The King school in Auckland. I am also participating in the summer learning journey. I really liked how you stated lots of ideas of why the Silver ferns uniform was your favourite. I also liked how you found the resemblance of the black and white colours on the netball dress as those two colours are often on New Zealand sports teams uniforms. Whats your favourite sport? Keep up the great work!

    Here's a link to my blog where you can also check out some of my SLJ posts too:
    http://ctkajb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess,

    I love the way you have selected those images to present your work, it relates well to the topic and it makes your post stand out, terrific work! Don't forget to attribute your photos if you want to earn the points you've been working so hard for. Here is a link to give you more information:
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit

    You have found three sports teams in New Zealand with the name "fern" in them, fantastic job! I like your reason for why the Silver Ferns' uniform is your favourite, the design looks nice, I agree with you. Do you like your school uniform? Why or why not? Do you prefer to wear your own clothes to school everyday? When I was at school, I enjoyed wearing a school uniform because it saved me time since I didn't have to pick what I wanted to wear every morning.

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.