Wednesday, December 19, 2018

SLJ W1 D2 A3

Week 1
Day 2
Activity 3: Weird and Wonderful [10 points]
Today I had to work out if a plant has 3 ml of water a day it how
much would it need in a year. The first thing I did was think that
there is 365 days in a year so then I worked out this by writing
on paper 365 times 3. First I did 300 times 3 which equalled
900. Then I did 60 times 3 which equalled 180 next I did 5 times
3 which equalled 15. Now I added them all together which was
900 plus 180 plus 15 it equalled 1095ml. At the start I figured
out the answer and I put it in the calculator to check if it was
right and I was.  I had a weird feeling that it was wrong though.
It took me a long time to realise that I put the same figures as I
had used on paper so I got the same answer, but they were
both wrong. It’s good to double check the answer on the
calculator, but only if you enter the right numbers!
                     Image result for cactus

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jess
    I like how you showed your working out and didn't just put the question into the calculator at first, also I just realised I knew you when I saw the photo at first I thought you were another person. Anyway have a good holidays and keep up the good work
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that's funny, have you bean bored this holiday or what because you have done lots of tasks all ready? Have a good holiday as well
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess
    I really like how you say everything you did in order, even your mistakes! Keep up the great blogging.

    Blog ya later:)
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess,

    Excellent work, you've done a fantastic job of explaining how you got your answer, I'm very impressed! Well done for following instructions and giving your final answer in millilitres. Don't forget to attribute your photos to make sure you earn all the points you've been working so hard for. Here is a link for more information about it which may help you:
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit
    Good on you for doubling checking your work, it's a really important and helpful habit to have, especially in maths, well done Jess!

    Do you think you would like to receive a cactus plant for your birthday? I used to have a baby cactus plant when I was younger and it was so cute but very prickly so I had to be careful!

    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.