Monday, December 24, 2018

SLJ W2 D2 A2

Week 2
Day 2
Activity 2: Mighty Mangroves [4 points]


Today I had to write about a person that I think is strong and tough and why they were.


The person that I think is strong and tough is a person called
August he is off a movie called Wonder. August is a boy how
was born with a facial deformity and he was  going to school
soon after being home schooled until he was 10 years old. He
finds it hard to make friend because everyone bullies him. My
class read the book last year and once we had finished we got
to go to the movies and watch it.I think that he is not strong with
muscles but strong by being brave I think he was brave by
standing up to the bullies.
Image result for wonder the movie

Image result for wonder cover

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jess,

    My name is Hazel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team. I’ll be helping Allie and the team out in Toki Pounamu over the Christmas holidays. It's great to see you making such an awesome start to the programme. I see that you were one of our top bloggers last year, so it's great to see you back!

    I loved your response to this activity; it is so important that we recognise people who are strong mentally as well as physically. Wonder is one of my all-time favourite books! I think that we can learn a lot of great lessons from it, like about the importance of being kind to others. What did you think of the book?

    It's great to see you using images to illustrate your blog post. Every time that we use an image on our blog, it's really important that we tell our readers where we found it, and give credit to the owner of the picture. To properly credit a picture you will need to include a link to the site where you found the image. We have created a guide that you might find helpful. You can check it out here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/
    In future, you will need to follow these instructions to earn full points for any Summer Learning Journey activity that has asked you to post an image.

    Keep up the great work, and I look forward to seeing more of your posts soon.

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.