Monday, December 31, 2018

SLJ W2 D5 A3

Week 2
Day 5
Activity 3: Faded Glory [5 points]


Today I had to list three different ideas or strategies for raising funds to preserve the
Great Barrier Reef. What could I do to fundraise here in New Zealand?

  1. Schools could do raffel’s to raise money for the Great Barrier Reef


  1. You could make money by stopping people from damaging the reef by keeping rubbish
  2. out which would save you from spending so much money each year on fixing the reef.


  1. You could have sausage sizzle at popular places which could make money for the Great
  2. Barrier Reef.


  1. You could have a competition like who can make the best cake looking like the Great
  2. Barrier Reef which you need to pay to enter. You could have an auction to sell the cakes.

I have been to a coral reef in Fiji. It was amazing to swim with the fish but I have never been to
the Great Barrier Reef before.  It would be even cooler to go there because I could compare the
different fish there to in Fiji and it is much bigger so that would be cool as well. I am going  to
Fiji next year and I will probably go to the same reef again. I am really excited.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess,

    You have come up with some fantastic ideas to help fundraise for the Great Barrier Reef, well done! I love that you have gone the extra mile and included an extra idea for this activity, they're all very helpful, thank you Jess! Maybe I could even try out a few of these ideas for any of the fundraising projects that I will have in my classroom in the future. I will definitely be thanking you for them! Your last idea about the cakes and competitions is my favourite. People's tummies will be happy and so will the Great Barrier Reef!

    You're so lucky to have gone to a coral reef in Fiji before, it must have been a magical experience! I've never been to any of the islands nearby New Zealand before so I don't know what it's like but I would imagine it to be incredibly beautiful and breathtaking. I'm so excited for you for your next trip to Fiji again. I hope you have an amazing time there and come back with a nice glow and some wonderful memories to share!

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.