Friday, September 15, 2017

West Cost Hockey

 This is a piece of writing I did for the news letter.


5.9.17

Last weekend Jess and her West Coast Under 13 Hockey team drove up to Nelson to compete in a tournament.

They had 2 games. The first game was against Nelson at 9am and then Marlborough at 12pm. In the first game against Nelson, west Coast lost 6-1.  This was partly because West Coast were a much smaller and less experienced team.   In the second game, because the West Coast team knew what to expect, they had better teamwork and they managed to defend well, drawing the  game 1-1.  

West Coast travelled with only one sub which meant that although a couple of players got hurt, they kept on playing.

In the end the team really enjoyed it.  The tournament will help them improve for the next tournaments in Christchurch later this month.

https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2013/07/12/15/36/hockey-stick-150152_960_720.png

From Jess  

3 comments:

  1. Hi jessica, My name is gwynn and I go to ptengland school. love how you explained what you did in the weekend. Hockey is a great sport, I like that you play netball and that you wrote that you had a tornament

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica my name is mereana you may not know me but i'm from pt England school i like the way you have explain what you did in the weekend. like hockey i think you are good at hockey and I play hockey netball and softball.i love your story about what you have done in the weekend.Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mereanafor the comment, last weekend I had another hockey torament in chch and I had 3 games. The 1ed games I won 9-2 the 2ed game I lost 7-2 and the 3ed game I won 8-0. What team do you play for.

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.