Thursday, January 11, 2018

Bonus Activity: Sweet Tooth

Bonus Activity: Sweet Tooth

My favourite dessert is Cheesecake even though I am Dairy free!

We buy it from the supermarket and it is Boysenberry Flavour. I eat it with Jelly and Ice cream (Soy). I eat it for special occasions like birthdays. I had it yesterday because it was my sisters birthday!

CRUST
1 packet of Superwines Biscuits
175 g (6oz) melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon
Crush bikkies, mix with butter and cinnamon and press into greased / lined springform pan.
FILLING
1 250 gm tub cream cheese
300ml cream
1 tblsp lemon juice
1+ tblesp gelatine
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1 tin boysenberries
Dissolve gelatine in water
Beat gelatine, cream cheese, lemon and sugar until smooth
Whip cream until stiff and peaky
Fold in whipped cream
Beat a little
Fold in berries, don’t beat
Tip mix onto base, chill
TOPPING
1 tblsp sugar
Berry juice from can
1 lg tblsp cornflour
Mix sugar with cornflour and heat with juice, stir until thick, don’t boil.
Cool and spread over cheesecake.  Ensure cheesecake sets in fridge for at least 6 hours prior to serving.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jess!

    My name is Ellee and I am working alongside Allie and Emiely commenting on blogs for the Summer Learning Journey!

    I hope you have had an amazing Christmas and New years break?

    Your blog is looking great, I really enjoyed reading your post about your favourite sweet treat, I love to eat cheese cake too!
    I have a friend who is also dairy-free but she loves ice-cream and doesn't always get the soy options... she's a little bit naughty!haha
    It is quite hard eating dairy-free though so I think that slipping up every so often is understandable, especially if it is a special occasion! :)

    I Hope your sister also had a fabulous birthday and hopefully the cheesecake was amazing!

    Keep up the great work with your blog and I hope the crazy rain hasn't caused too many problems for you and your family!

    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica

    This looks so yummy !! I love cheesecake too!
    This is a real treat to have.
    Happy birthday to your sister!! How old was she?

    Isn't it great when we can celebrate birthdays with our families!
    Did she get to choose what you had for tea?

    In our house the birthday person gets to choose the menu. It was my sons birthday this week too! And he came for dinner and chose Roast Pork with lots of veges. He likes to have apple sauce and lots of gravy!
    Did you also have a birthday cake or was the cheesecake the birthday cake?

    The recipe looks really good and not too complicated to do. I have never made cheesecake before. I'm a bit like your family and I buy it from the supermarket. It's great that you can get dairy free cheesecake so that you don't miss out on this yummy treat.

    Well done Jessica

    Keep up the great work!

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.