Sunday, January 14, 2018

Day 2: A Decade of Sport

Week 4 Day 2: A Decade of Sport
Activity 1: Chasing Great
This one I have to tell you three things that I learned about Richie that I did not know beforehand and what I would like to now about him?



  1. He was the first all black to get 100 test 2011 and by the end of 2014 he had played 137 tests.
  2. He was the captain of the all blacks and won 51 test out of 58.
  3. He now has a full time job as a helicopter pilot in Christchurch.


I would like to know if he still misses rugby and does he have a lot of friends that he played rugby with?
Why did he want to learn how to fly helicopters and has he always wanted to do this? What are his main jobs with the helicopter? Does he rescue people or take people for flights or something else?


1 comment:

  1. Aloha again Jess,

    You have found out some awesome information about the legendary, Richie McCaw. I also think it is interesting that he has become a helicopter pilot. I wonder what inspired Richie to follow that direction following the All Blacks. Have you watched the 'Chasing Great' movie that they released recently. I found this documentary a great way to celebrate Richie's rugby career and gave me a whole new respect for him. Did you know that he was awarded man-of-the-match in his very first All Blacks match in 2001? Richie is an inspirational leader and an incredible rugby player.

    How often do you think Richie trained? How much training do you think you would have to put into your dancing to come out as top dancer in New Zealand? I forgot to ask on your last post, what type of dance are you into? To me, it looks like you are a ballet dancer.

    I am looking forward to hearing from you,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.