Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Day 2: It’s All in a Day’s Work

Day 2: It’s All in a Day’s Work

Activity 1: A House or a Home?


This task I have to compare this house to my house.

This house is different than mine because
it has carving on the sides. The door and window looks different, my house is not made of fern, bark or rushers. I live with my immediate family but they live with their extended family. We have more windows. Ours have stairs.

This house is the same as mine because
it is made of timber. They have a roof and walls. They are there to protect you from the weather. It has a deck.

The house were built for the same reason they were back then but the style has changed.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess

    You are right they do have walls and a roof, and this is very much the same. It's inside where it is a little different.
    If you were sleeping in a wharepuni you would all be in one room together. I imagine is would be a little bit noisy. But if you were sleeping in our houses today you would most probably have your own room.
    They do a great job of protecting us from the weather, and we need this especially when it rains here.
    And the deck is a really good pick up. They did have a deck on the wharepuni and a lot of houses today do also have decks.
    I have one at my house and I really enjoy sitting outside in the sunshine on it.

    Great work here Jess

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.