Thursday, December 20, 2018

SLJ W1 D5 A1

Week 1

DAY 5: Blink and You’ll Miss It

Activity 1: Towering Timbers [4 points]

Today I had to write 2 reasons why I liked or didn’t like logging.

I think logging is okay because we need house and paper and everything else we use wood for, but we can’t just go cut down all the trees because we need it for the oxygen and people love to go walking in the bush. I think that there needs to be a balance like every time they are  cutting down the trees they need to plant one in it place. They are trying as hard as they can to do that so I think that logging is good.


4 comments:

  1. Wow Jess, you are on to it! Johanna is just starting today. You might have to pop over and do together at some stage.
    Great work!!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jess i see your stared the summer learning journey good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Yes I have A busy week going to Christchurch today then family over for Christmas so trying to get some done now. I will come and comment on your blog Johanna.
    Thanks
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Jess,

    I must say, it's very interesting to hear what you think and have to say about logging. I honestly love the way you have thought about this topic as well as the ideas you have come up with and I completely agree with you. We definitely do need to continuously build houses and make paper but we also need to be careful about how much forest we are cutting down. It's great that you have thought about the people who enjoy going on bush walks, that's a really important point to consider. Yes, it would be amazing if people could come up with some sort of balance between logging and leaving nature as it is. Both sides definitely have their pros and cons, I can see where you are coming from, great work!

    Best,
    Evelyn :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.