Wednesday, December 19, 2018

SLJ W1 D4 A2

Week 1
Day 4
Activity 2: Pancakes and Maple Syrup? [4 points]
Aotearoa New Zealand is home to many spectacular sights and natural wonders. One of these is the
Punakaiki Rocks and Blowholes located on the West Coast of the South Island. The Punakaiki rocks attract tourists
from all over the world who are keen to see these amazing rock formations. Many people think that they look like
pancakes stacked on top of one another. Pancakes are one of my favourite foods! They are delicious and pretty
easy to make.
For this activity you are asked to choose one of your favourite foods. On your blog, write the name of your
favourite food and then tell us how to make it. You may need to ask a family member, friend or Google (!) for
help, if you do not normally make this food for yourself.
I love to eat! I can not pick a favourite but one of them is probably is waffles I use the Chelsea pancake recipe the put
it in the waffle maker.  I was so excited to do this task because I live on the west coast so I have been to the
pancake rock heaps of times. I love to see the blowholes blowing. It amazing but it is always busy. I went there not
long ago  for my school camp it was lots of fun.

Here is the recipe:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess

    Yum! Waffles made of pancake mix, this sounds like it will be really tasty. It is a great thing to have any time of the day. What is your favourite topping for your waffles?
    I have not had waffles very often but I do really like to have pancakes. I really like them with bacon,banana and maple syrup. I like to have this when I go out for breakfast. Yum Yum !!

    I with you about Punakaiki. We have a bach there so I have just spent New Year out there. I came home last night. I love to walk down the beach and the river with my dog. She loves it too, it is her favourite place. It was really busy with so many tourists over the last few days. Lots and lots of people. Sometimes it is better in the winter when it is not so busy.
    It is a great place to go on school camp. What activities did you do? And what was your favourite thing to do? Did you stay at the camping ground?

    I hope that you are having a great holiday so far and that you have some fun things planned with your family.

    Great work Jess as always!

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.