Friday, December 20, 2019

SLJ W1 D5 A3

Week 1 
Day 5
Activity 3: Own Choice [6 points]
For this activity, please choose one person (a changemaker) and read all about
them.
On your blog, provide us with:
  1. The name of the person
  2. A description of the work they do/have done
  3. An explanation of how they/their work has had an impact on the lives of
others


I am doing my hockey coach Graham Bone. He is in his 70s and is still coaching
us! Graham is always there down at the hockey turf whether its mowing the
lawns or coaching us he is amazing. He even sells kindling wood to fundraise for
us. Graham makes us smile even with his old fashioned way of teaching us. His
family is really into hockey and his two sons have coached me and my sister over
the years we have been playing hockey. I am sure if you asked anyone on the
West Coast who is most committed to hockey it would be him. Graham is an
amazing person in my hockey community. Him and his family have a huge impact
on my hockey.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jess
    Graham is a great choice, Yesterday he didn't call it off even thou it was raining. He ended up calling it off thou because I was the only one who came.
    Keep it up
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Molly,
      thanks
      I am not surprised that he made you still practise. do you remember that time in train for rep were the turf was flooded and hailing and we still trained.
      thanks
      Jess

      Delete
    2. Hi Jess
      Yes I remember that, It ended up getting so bad we went under the shelter and Phil did a lot of talking.
      Molly

      Delete
  2. Hi Jess

    You have chosen one of the best people to tell us about. I so agree with you! Graham Bone is Mr Hockey in Greymouth. He has done so much for the game of hockey in Greymouth for such a long time. He really is amazing.
    I quite often see him as I drive past the hockey turf, like you say he is either doing a job, sometimes watching or mowing the lawns. He is a huge asset to the sport.
    I am sure that all of the Bones would of had some input into your hockey at some stage as his two sons are also very involved.

    I love to read stories about local people. It is great out of all the people that you could have chosen that you chose him to talk about.
    Well done Jess! I am very proud of you for recognising all of his hard work over the years.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thanks
      Yes he is always at the turf.
      Graham is still coaching my team! Most weeks before our games he takes us down to his house and talks to use about our next game.Do you know him?
      thanks again
      Jess

      Delete
  3. Hi Jess

    I just know him because of all the work that he has done for hockey. I know his sons.

    He is a great West Coaster!

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      oh yeah. Phil has coached me for 3 years for West Coast and Jeff has coached my sister.
      Thanks for the comment
      Jess

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.