Sunday, December 23, 2018

SLJ W2 D1 A3

Week 2
Day 1
Activity 3: Something Smells Fishy…[10 points]


This one I have to say weather these facts about fish are true or false.
I think that the only one that is false is #1.


Fish Fact #1: The oldest known fish in the world is a 65 year old Australian lungfish.TRUE
ish Fact #2: Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids. TRUE
Fish Fact #3: Starfish are a type of fish. FALSE
Fish Fact #4: Fish communicate with each other by making low-pitched sounds (moans, hisses
etc) TRUE
Fish Fact #5: Fish usually swim together in groups called ‘classes.’ FALSE
I got 2 out of 5 right so that means that I know basically nothing about fish.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess,

    Some of these facts are pretty fascinating, don't you think? They're almost too hard to believe... You're right for the first fact, the oldest aquarium fish in the world was indeed an Australian lungfish. His name was Granddad (I can tell why) and he actually lived until the old age of 95!It's so weird that sharks have eyelids. Speaking of eyelids, I've got another fact for you that's true: Did you know that camels have three eyelids? THREE! I think that's insanely crazy! It's pretty funny that starfish aren't actually fish since they have the word "fish" in their name. I love learning all sorts of different facts, they're so fascinating to me! I've found some more interesting facts about fish if you're interested, you can check them out here:
    http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/sciencefacts/animals/fish.html

    Keep up the hard work,
    Evelyn :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.