Friday, December 20, 2019

SLJ W2 D1 A2

Week 2
Day 1
Activity 2
For this activity, we would like you to calculate Jessa’s age when she won the
NAIDOC Youth of the Year award. She was born on 7 April 1985 and she
received the award on 9 July 2010. Please provide the answer to this question
in years, months and days (eg. 20 years, 6 months and 2 days).
On your blog, please post both your final answer and an explanation of how
you solved this maths problem. You could write your explanation, or use
screencastify to record yourself explaining how you solved it.


So first I worked out the years then month then days.1980 to 2000 is 20 years
minus the 5 because the number was originally 1985 not 1980 which is 15. Plus the
10 from when I did 2000 instead of  2010 is 25. So it is 25 years and two months
from April to July and 2 days from 7th to 9th. 
So the answer is 25 years and 3 months and 2 days.

2 comments:


  1. Hi again Jess,
    Well done for calculating how old Jessa was when she won the youth award and thank you for explaining in detail how you did it. Can you believe she was only 25 when she won? What do you think you will be doing when you are 25? Where will you live? What will your job be?

    I am looking forward to your reply :)

    Leisha


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      she was very young.
      I have no idea what I will be doing but I might be a farmer or vet because I love pet or even a preschool teacher because I love playing with babys. I will probably live in the south island still and differently in NZ but I am not sure were.
      thanks for commenting
      Jess

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.