Wednesday, January 8, 2020

SLJ W3 D5 A3

Week 3
Day 5
Activity 3: Choose your own


For this activity, choose one person and read all about them.
On your blog, provide us with:
  1. The name of the person
  2. A description of the work they do/have done
  3. An explanation of how they/their work has had an impact on the lives of
others
I chose A J Hackett he was the person that invented bungee jumping. He has drawn
lots of tourists that want to try it to New Zealand.  The bungy operation opened at
the Kawarau Bridge in November 1988. The first time they tested it with a real
person was in June 1987 it was Aj who jumped but he got arrested but then he was
released. 
I have always wanted to bungy jump and so does my sister so I will do it one day. I
have been to Kawarau Bridge before and I did the zip line with my sister but we were
so tempted to do the bungy jumping but we were scared.


Image result for bungy jump
Image from:


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess

    Thanks for sharing the information that you have learnt about AJ Hackett. He really has done so much for adventure tourism in New Zealand. We would be world famous because of it.

    You are very brave for wanting to bungee jump! I like the idea but there is no way that I would be able to stand on a bridge over some water and jump off. Someone would have to push me! LOL! And then I bet they are not allowed to do that!

    I really hope that you are able to get to do it one day. I am sure that you will. You are so brave!
    I have not been zip lining either so you have a bit a adventure bunny in you!
    What other adventure things have you done or would like to do?

    Well done for sharing all this information with us all to read.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.