Thursday, January 11, 2018

Activity 1: VE Day!

Day 5: Coming to an End

Activity 1: VE Day!

In this activity I have to plan a VE day party.

I would invite my family and friends. I would have a BBQ but it would be too cold to swim or go to the beach so we would have it at my house. I would stay up late to celebrate war ending. If it was now I would have a cake and salad and steak and sausages but they probably didn't have a lot of that back then so maybe just vegetables and sausages. We could maybe play some party games. People would be listening or singing and dancing to some music and telling stories of what they did in the war time. They might be looking forward to their family coming home from war and wondering if they have survived.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica

    Sound like a really great party that you have planned. I think that people would be really happy and the dancing and listening to music on the radio would be something that would definitely happen.
    Great that there would be games too.
    What sort of games to you think they would have played back then?
    It would be very different from the games that we would play at a celebration today.
    Maybe knuckle bones or charades?
    I really like playing charades although I'm not that good at it.
    Have you played it before?

    Even sausages and vegetable would have been a treat at the party and I am sure that they would of had something sweet too!

    Well done Jesscia

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.