Sunday, January 7, 2018

Activity 2: Playing Games

Activity 2: Playing Games

This one I have to look at some games and chose the one that I like .

The one that I chose was the Ki o Rahi. The aim of the game is to get the most points.

One rule is that you had to stay in your zone.

Another rule is when you  are shouting in the pawero/te motu when in air you must though the ball before your feet touch the ground.


Here is link to a video about it:

https://www.r2r.org.nz/games-activities-maori-youth/ki-o-rahi.html


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Jess,

    Well done for completing this activity and finding a Māori game that you enjoy.
    I've seen kids at a school in Papakura play Ki O Rahi; it looks really fun as well as a really good way to burn some energy! I like that you've told us about two rules of the game, as well as provided us with a link to a video— ka pai!

    My personal favourite is Tī Rākau, which is quite similar to Poi Rākau only you use shorter instruments. I like how you've provided the goal of the game too, and the two rules being that they must catch the Rākau before it touches the ground, and the Rākau must not be dug into the ground.

    Do you think you'd like to play this game in school?

    Keep up the good work!

    Cheers,

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.