Sunday, January 7, 2018

Bonus Activity: Musical Festivals – Matatini

Bonus Activity: Musical Festivals – Matatini

This activity you lisen to 3 diffrent songs/dances and you have to rank then from 1 the best and 3 you do not like it.


The first one was Tamatea arikinui I rank it 1 because they all knew the moves and they swung the poi's very well. Another thing I liked was that they all sang it right.
here is a link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_j4KX-8BYE


The second one was called te lti kahurangi I ranked this one 2 because they did not move much but they did sing very well. Another thing was that they were good at playing the guitar.
here is a link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tng5f4hu0ow


The third thing was Te puku o to ika I ranked that one 2 because they also did not move that much but they were god at singing. I thought that there outfits were cool.
here is a link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4Zjgj9x4Y


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Jess,

    Well done on ranking these three performances and for providing us with really great and informed explanations as to why you've given them the ranking that you have. I like how you've given us a YouTube link for each performance; great initiative Jess.
    I also appreciate that you've given Tamatea Arikinui the ranking that you did based on their eloquent movements.

    Have you ever performed in Kapa Haka before? I used to do Kapa Haka when I was about 5-6; would you believe that none of the uniforms then fit me? I was a very small child.

    Keep up the great mahi; I look forward to reading more!

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.