Monday, January 8, 2018

Activity 2: The Right to Vote

Activity 2: The Right to Vote

This one I had to read about Richard John Seddon he was the first ever Goverment in New Zealand. There was a rule that women could not vote but Kate Sheppard wanted a change so she did not give up then they changed the law in the 1800. Women in Saudi Arabia were not allowed to vote until 2015.

I think that is not fair because women and men should be allowed to vote. They might of thought that men were better than women but they are the same.I am glad that the lar changed because now I can have a say in what I think when I am older.



1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Jess,

    Thanks for having a say in what you think about women having the right to vote. You're completely right; women should be allowed the right to vote just as much as men. I'm constantly seeking equality, especially gender equality.

    Kate Sheppard and the suffragist movement was pivotal not only for New Zealand and our history, but for the world!
    They fought hard for this law to be changed, and I for one will be forever grateful for their actions.

    New Zealand is incredibly progressive, are there any other awesome things you can think of that New Zealander's have done to help the world?

    I look forward to your response,

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.