Monday, January 8, 2018

Bonus Activity: In Flanders Fields

Bonus Activity: In Flanders Fields

this one I had to read a artical about world war 1. I had to look at a poem called Flanders Fields’ by John McCrae and say what it makes me feel.

I makes me feel sad that so many people died but we were lucky that we had them to keep us safe. I think that it is sad that people had to go to war that young. The poem makes me think of a big field full of poppys and crosses. Also the Gallipoli exhibition at Te Papa in Wellington I really liked. It looked really real and amazing. It also made me feel sad.
I liked the poem but kind of didn't understand some of it.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Jess,

    Well done for responding to this activity, and for giving us a well structured reason as to how the poem made you feel. The poem makes me feel sad, too, and I think that this is because it gives us a sense of melancholy.

    "We are the Dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
    In Flanders fields."

    When I say "melancholic" I mean that the poet reflects on how things once were, and this leaves a deep feeling of missing something. In this case, the poet reflects on having once lived, felt the dawn and the sunset glow.
    I really love poetry; are there any other poems you particularly like?

    Keep up the great mahi!

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.