Monday, January 8, 2018

Day 3: The Great Depression (The 1930s)

Day 3: The Great Depression (The 1930s)
Activity 1: Dealing with Stress

In this one I have to say how I deal with stress.

When I am feeling mad or something I try to be alone. I feel like I can breathe better and a couple of minutes later I can come back to everyone and feel ok again. When I feel sad like if I'm missing a friend I txt them or something to cheer me up. If I am nervous for a hockey game or dance I try to think of something else and then when I start I don't feel it anymore.

My tips would be to stay away from other people and do something by yourself like read a book. If you are stressed about something coming up, do it quick so then its over and you don't have to worry anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Jess,

    Wow! You've really been on quite a roll! Well done :)

    Ka pai for answering this activity with such eloquence. You sound as though you've got a very good head on your shoulders. I really appreciate your advice for dealing with stress, particularly your advice to try and deal with stress quickly so that it doesn't boil up inside of you to breaking point. Also taking a break and spending time on your breathing is an excellent way to deal with stress.
    When I feel stressed I like to listen to relaxing music, go for a run or do some yoga. Stretching is a great way to relieve stress.

    Have you ever helped someone else deal with stress?

    I hope you keep the ball rolling with these activities Jess. I look forward to reading many more!

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.