Tuesday, December 18, 2018

SLJ W1 D1 A2


Week 1
Day 1
Activity 2: North and South [4 points]

My home town is taramakau settlement. It is about 30 minutes away from greymouth in the south island. There are 7 farmers including my one here.There are lots of amazing things to do here because its a dead end so not many cars come down here. You can go on bike rides on the road if you are careful and there are cool mountains all around us that you can walk up and look down at your house from it. One of my favourite things to do here is to go down to the river and go jump of the rocks in to the water it is so clear so you don’t have to worry about hitting anything. I love that you don’t have to worry about neighbours so you can blast music. I always go and walk down to the farm and play with the calves and pet lambs. I would never want to leave taramakau settlement.


As I was trying to find a photo for taramakau settlement I found lots of photos of my family when I searched it up. The photo were from a farming magazine that we were in. It was weird to see photos of myself when I googled it.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Jess,
    What I like about your post is that you put the week, day and activity in the title. If you want to check out my blog you can just copy this URL...
    http://jessgroom8.blogspot.com/

    Blog ya later:)
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Jess,

    That is a great description of your hometown! I have never been to the Taramakau Settlement but I went to Greymouth when I was around 6 years old. I don't remember too much of the trip though. I would love to visit your hometown, it sounds like such a nice and cosy place to spend time with friends and family! Your description is written very clearly, I can picture it all in my head, excellent work! I think I would be too scared to go on bike rides on the road. Do you go bike riding on the road often? I would love to hike up the mountains in your hometown, it sounds like it would be a very beautiful and exciting experience. Your river sounds so relaxing, it must be so nice to swim in a clear river where you can see everything! I agree completely with you on that one, it must be so nice to be able to blast music loudly and freely. I live in Auckland and everyone lives so close to each other so I wouldn't be able to do that. Maybe if I visited your hometown, I would also never want to leave!

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.