Thursday, December 20, 2018

SLJ W1 D5 A2

Week 1
Day 5
Activity 2: Living on the Edge [4 points]

Today I have to write a letter to my mum as if I was on a school trip at the tundra. There has to
be 5-6 facts.

Dear Mum


Wow I wish you could be here it’s amazing! There are no trees
here because it’s too cold for them here. The average
temperature here is -28℃ - that's freezing! There are so many
mosquitoes here. There are mammals, insects and bird. The
animal are usually there in the summer because the birds go and
migrate south in the summer insects lay eggs then wait till the
summer for them to hatch.


From Jess


2 comments:

  1. Hello Jessica,
    it is Alexandria here again. I like your blog post about the letter you did very well with telling your mum about your trip.
    Keep up the good work,
    Alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess,

    Superb work on following the instructions on correctly addressing a letter to someone, awesome work! I love that you have chosen to write to your mum, I think I would have chosen to write to my mum too. You've done a good job of describing the place and your experience, I almost feel like I've been there before and experienced the tundra myself! It's great to see you including factual and useful information to better describe the tundra as well as providing explanations. The tundra really is a cold place... Do you think you would like to go and visit it? I've never been in actual snow before so I wouldn't know if I could take the cold weather there! I think it would be pretty cool to visit the tundra though, it would be such a different and interesting experience.

    Best,
    Evelyn :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.