Friday, December 28, 2018

SLJ W2 D3 A2

Week 2
Day 3
Activity 2: A Local Delicacy [4 points]
Today I have to write what my favourite food is and write the recipe.
It is very hard to pick  favorite food but one would have to be waffles. I use the chelsea sunday
pancake recipe. I do not use lemon zest and I usually do a double batch. Here is a link to the
recipe but here it is in my words:
Ingredients
1 cup  milk
1 egg beaten
2 Tbsp chelsea white sugar
1 cup self raising flour
30 g butter melted
To serve
Banana
Golden syrup or
maple syrup whatever fancies you
Recipe

  1. Sift the flour and sugar in a bowl
  2. Make a circle in the middle of the ingredients
  3. Put the milk melted butter and eggs in
  4. Now wiske them to mix
  5. Heat up the waffle maker
  6. Once heated spray with oil
  7. Next pour mixture in pan
  8. Now wait until golden
  9. Once golden take out
  10. Put the syrups and banana on top
  11. EAT! And enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Jess,

    It's wonderful seeing you follow the instructions and writing out the recipe in your own words. I also really love waffles and I prefer them over pancakes. I don't particularly like lemon zest so I will definitely be making it how you like them, plus the extra batch, yumm!

    Thanks so much for the recipe, Jess, I've written your version down and will definitely try it out this weekend for brunch with my family. I wish the weekend could come by already so I could have a hot plate of freshly made waffles in front of me. It must smell so nice, I can't wait to try it! How often do you make waffles? Do you prefer pancakes more or waffles? I like to have ice cream with my waffles and I don't need to worry when it melts because the grooves in the waffles catch the ice cream really well. What's your favourite toppings?

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.