Saturday, December 29, 2018

SLJ w2 D4 A3

Week 2
Day 4
Activity 3: Picture Perfect [10 points]


Today I am write a short story about what I think is happening in the picture. Making sure
to tell you where you think the people are and what you think they were doing at the time
that they stopped to pose for the selfie. To earn full points, the story must be 8 – 10
sentences long.


I am about to do the scariest thing of my life! I will be the first person to ever do
this. This is the world's largest  water slide. It is 20 km long and it takes 10
minutes to go down.


After I take a picture I turn on my go-pro and get into position. The crowd goes
wild the TV camera turn to me. My heart skips a beat my breath walm's up the air
thickens around me. As the crowd dials down I smile in frightens thinking this is
actually real. I get ready as the crowd counts down.  3 Lets do this, 2 I’m not to
shore now, 1 can't turn back now, 0 here I go Ahhhhhhh wow this is amazing!

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Jessica,
    Awesome job with the selfie story today. I really like how you made it into a water slide story.
    Keep up the good work,
    Alexandria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a cool story Jess. I like it when you go I want to do this, no I don't want to do this, now I change my mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jess,

    You've made a great choice for picking the second selfie as the one to write about. He is very brave to be standing up so high like that, isn't he? I don't know about you but I think my legs would be wobbling and my hands shaking! Are you afraid of heights?

    I absolutely love the fact that you have imagined the scenario in the picture to be about the first ride down a very long and exhilarating water slide, that's very creative! I would have loved to see this event take place in real life, that would be quite a terrifying yet exciting sight to see! Have you ever been to a water park and slid down their big water slides before? I've been to a few and it's always scary for me at first but then once you're in there, the fun begins! You have made this story seem so realistic by also imagining the crowds and you've even included a GoPro camera to your story. That's brilliant of you to have thought about all the little details, well done Jess!

    Keep up the fantastic work,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.