Friday, January 11, 2019

SLJ W4 D1 A2

Week 4
Day 1
Activity 2: Guardians of the Sea [4 points]

Today I have to tell you whether, or not, I believe that taniwha exist. Be sure to explain to
you why I feel this way.


  • I think that it might not be real because:
It could just be a fish
Sometimes the thing that people think they see is not real because it is proven to be something
else.
  • I think it might be real because:
Lots of people believe it  
There are lots Maori legends about them
People think that they might have spotted them.


I think it is bad that the river got polluted because I know that I like to swim in rivers so it would
be bad I couldn’t.


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jess,

    Wow, I absolutely love that you have put yourself on both sides of the argument and have come up with reasons why you think the taniwha may or may not exist, terrific work! I can definitely see where you are coming from on both of these point of views.

    Don't you think that the taniwha is a bit like the Loch Ness monster? Have you heard of it before? It supposedly lives in a loch (lake) in Scotland. No one has ever really seen it but there have been photos taken of a shadow of something on the loch. How mysterious is that?? Who know what could be lurking in those water... I know I definitely wouldn't want to find out! I sometimes wonder what they really look like if we ever met them. Do you think they would look like all the drawings and paintings of them? I hope they're friendly!

    Keep it up,
    Evelyn :)


    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.