Sunday, January 20, 2019

SLJ W4 D4 A3

Week 4
Day 4
Activity 3: Restricted Access [10 points


Today I am saying what  I think about the government’s decision to restrict the number of
tourists able to visit this special site. Is it fair? Be sure to tell you why I feel the way that
I do.

I think that it is fair because they are ruining the land but I think that they
should come up with something so people can still see the place,  take lots
of photos and put them on some site or do helicopter rides over it or
maybe make more rules about it. I have not been there but I would love
to do it one day.



Photo sourced from the SLJ

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jess,

    Thank you for taking the time to think about this issue, it's really interesting to hear your thoughts and opinions on this topic. I also think that it's quite a fair rule even though it means that many, many people will miss out on the chance each year. My parents love hiking and they actually were able to hike the Inca Trail to see Machu Picchu last year in July! They've hiked many mountains in New Zealand and around the world yet they both feel that Machu Picchu was most probably their favourite one!

    I like your idea! They should definitely come up with a way to allow tourists to visit Machu Picchu without actually damaging the land. I think it would be an absolutely breathtaking experience to ride a helicopter over this ancient city! I hope you get the chance to visit it one day in the future, I think you would really enjoy it!

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess,
    You have great reasons why they keep Machu Picchu open to the public.
    Keep up the great blogging!
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jessica,
    I am Vitaraag. I am also planning to go to Machu Picchu. I think you have put so much effort into this blog post. When do you think you might be able to go and see Machu Picchu? I think it is fair because they can still o there but the numbers are lowering down. So people can still see it but you have a low chance of getting to go there. Do you think people are mad because of this rule? Keep up the phenomenal work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.