Monday, December 23, 2019

SLJ W2 D2 A3

Week 2 
Day 2 
Activity 3: “I Have a Dream” [6 points]
For this activity, please consider the problem that black men and women
faced in America at this time.
On your blog, describe the problem. What did Rosa Parks do about the
problem? How did other people react?


In the 1950's and 1600’s people with different coloured skin weren’t allowed to go
to the same school go in the same toilet or even sit next to each other on a bus.
Lucky Martin Luther King Jr and Rosa Parks were brave enough to fight against
this. Personally I think that this rule is rubbish it doesn't matter what colour your
skin is and it certainly does not determine who you should know and be friends
with or be around. I am thankful for brave people like Rosa Parks for her bravery
on fighting this rule.


My best friend is from the islands and is dark skin. Neither of us care that our skin
colour is different actually we both want to have things that the other person has
like I wanted her hair and she wanted my hair.


Here is a photo of use when we were younger:

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jess

    It's Jess and I'm commenting for the Summer Learning Journey over the holiday. Everyone should be equally treated and I'm also glad that people stood up and made a difference. I like how you have included something personal about you and your friend.

    Well I enjoyed reading your post and can't wait to read more.
    Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your holidays.
    Jess:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thanks for commenting. yes I am happy someone stood up and made the difference as well.
      Merry Christmas
      Jess

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.