Monday, December 23, 2019

SLJ W2 D3 A1

Week 2

DAY 3: WOMEN’S RIGHTS

Activity 1: The Right to Vote [4 points]
For this activity, let’s imagine that the government decides to create a new
$10 bank note and replace Kate with a picture of a different New Zealand
woman.
On your blog, tell us who you think the government should put on the new $10
note. Please provide us with a picture of this amazing woman and a short
explanation of why you have selected her as Kate Sheppard’s replacement.
I do think that Kate Shepard deserved her place on the $10
note but if someone else had to it would be:


If we were to change the New Zealand $10 note I think that
Jacinder Ardern should have here face on it or Jenny Shipley
the first woman prime minister  in New Zealand.


I don’t know much about Jenny Shipley but I do know that she
would have had to be very good and fight very hard to become
New Zealand Prime Minister. 


Jacinder Ardern is the second woman to be Prime Minister in
New Zealand and is the world's youngest female head of
government. He was only 37 when she was elected. She also
had a baby while running a country.
Image from:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess,

    Leisha here again.

    Another great post! I can tell you have put a lot of thought into who you would choose. I like that you have given reasons for why you think she deserves to be on the $10 note. It is quite impressive that she was only 37 when she was elected prime minister isn’t it? I know there are a lot of people that look up to her and see her as someone very inspirational.

    Also, I have noticed you have completed the whole SLJ programme! Just amazing Jess! Well done. I will get through reading and commenting on all of your posts as fast as I can!

    Leisha
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.