Thursday, January 9, 2020

SLJ W4 D1 A2

Week 4
Day 1
Activity 2: Romeo and Juliet [4 points]

For this activity, we would like you to learn more about ‘Shakespearean
English’ - the version of English that Shakespeare used to write his plays. To
do this, please write a short recount about what you did this morning in regular
(2019) English, and then use this translating tool to turn it into Shakespearean
English.
On your blog, share both your English and Shakespearean translation of your
recount.
Englesh 
This morning I woke up at about 8:00 and went in the lounge. I watched an hour of a movie while have
cereal for breakfast. Then I got dressed and brushed my teeth and went for a bike ride down the farm.
When I got back I went in my aviary and checked on my birds and feed them. Next I played on the
trampoline for a bit.
Shakespeare
This m'rning i did wake up at about 8:00 and wenteth in the lounge.  I gazed an hour of a movie while
has't c'real f'r breakfast. Then i did get did dress and did brush mine own teeth and wenteth f'r a bike
rideth down the farm.  At which hour i did get backeth i wenteth in mine own aviary and did check on
mine own birds and feedeth those folk. Next i did play on the trampoline f'r a did bite

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess

    This is a crazy sort of speak! I find it really hard to read. It is quite funny though. I find that I can't help but put on a kind of accent in my head when I read it.! Haha.
    At which hour i did get backeth i wenteth in mine own aviary and did check on mine own birds and feedeth those folk. Next i did play on the trampoline f'r a did bite.

    I just love how this part of your work has come out! It really does make me smile.
    Did you like this activity?

    Sounds like you have a great morning on this day. What a lovely way to start the day.
    What was the movie that you were watching?

    It is great to watch something when you are eating your breakfast!

    Well done Jess

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.