Saturday, January 11, 2020

SLJ W4 D3 A3

Week 4
Day 3
Activity 3: Feast or Famine [6 points]


For this activity, we would like to know if you would consider doing a 20 or 40
Hour Famine to raise money for charity.
On your blog, tell us whether, or not, you would participate in 20 or 40 Hour
Famine. If you have already participated in a 20 or 40 Hour Famine, please
share your experience, including why you decided to participate and some
highlights and challenges of the experience. To get full points, please provide
at least six sentences.
I have done it before and I did the no eating. All I ate was one pack of the little lollies
that we use for it.  I wanted to do it because when we watched the video at school I
wanted to help. It was hard at dinner when everyone else was eating. I would
definitely do it again. The one that I wouldn't do is no talking because it is hard to not
talk and I would probably blurt out a word on accident. I think the 40 hour famine is a
great way to raise money for the refugees.
Image result for 40 hour famine
Image from:


4 comments:

  1. Hi Jess
    Another great post. How was it? When did you do it? I think I wouldn't be able to do it because I would be to hungry.
    Keep it up
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Molly, it actually wasn´t to bad. the last time I did it was 2 years ago but I have done it more then once. would you ever want to do it.
      thanks
      Jess

      Delete
    2. Hi Jess
      I don't know weather or not I would want to do it.
      Molly

      Delete
  2. Hi Jess

    I agree with you that this has been a great way of raising money for the children in need in third world countries. They would have raised a lot of money over the years for this great cause.

    It is great that you have done this in the past. Well done for doing it. It is quite a long time 40 hours when you are not eating. I imagine it would be hard when your family is all eating and you are not!

    I see now they have other ones that you can take part in too. I think the technology one is particularly good. There would be a lot of people young and old that would struggle with no technology for 20 or 40 hours!

    Great to hear that you would also do it again and support this great cause.

    Well done Jess

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.