Wednesday, December 19, 2018

SLJ W1 D3 A2

Week 1
Day 3
Activity 2: The Secretive Skink [4 points]


3 thing that would be good and bad about being a Doc Ranger and if I would like to be a doc
ranger when I’m older.




Good
Bad
Using 1080 which keeps poemes and stots away.
Lots of people are against 1080.
Helping the environment
Could be a bit dangerous
Helping animals
Hard work and you don’t get paid that much

I would want to word for doc because I love to be in the bush
and be with animals. I think that 1080 is good because it kills
the pest that are killing the bird, animals and the nature. I know
why people do not like it because animals eat the 1080 and die.
I think they should keep using it until they come up with
something new  to kill the pests.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jess
    You post is really good! I like it how you used a table to set it up and how how the things are the opposite of the good.

    Blog ya later:)
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess,

    I have learnt something new from you! I knew about toxic baits but I did not know about it in too much detail like you did so thank you for informing me about 1080. You have done a fantastic job on this activity! You have thought well about the pros and cons of working as a Department of Conservation (DOC) ranger, I'm impressed! I'm happy to hear that you would like to work at the Department of Conservation. We need more helpful, motivated and supportive individuals like yourself to make our country and the world a better place for us and the animals! Do you think you could come up with a plan on how DOC might be able to hunt down the pests and not the endangered animals? I wouldn't have a clue but I do hope that a solution is found soon.

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.