Thursday, December 20, 2018

SLJ W1 D5 A3

Week 1
Day 5
Activity 3: Going, going….gone [10 points]


On my blog, I had to post a description of life in New Zealand in 2018. I had to think that
the people who read my post will have never been to New Zealand or even seen a
picture so it was my job to ‘paint a picture’ of New Zealand using my words. I could also
post pictures, if you wish.


I live in on the west coast of the south island which is quite a
rural beautiful part of new Zealand.

There are bush and mountains all around us. There are some
busy cities but there are countrysides. Lots of  animals and
bush. We are a sporty country quite outdoorsy. Where I live it
quite cold but it can get warm in other parts of New Zealand it
can be more hot.  There are just over 4.5 million people living
here. I know it sounds like a lot but London is about double New
Zealand population! Our land mass is 268,021 km² and
Australia is about 7.692 000 million km². 29 percent or about
78 000 km  square kilometres of land area is forest.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Jessica,
    It is Alexandria here from Paihia School. I really like your blog post about New Zealand. I like how you added pictures at the bottom of your work.
    Keep up the good work,
    ALexandria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Jess,

    This is a wonderful description of New Zealand, it's great to see you thinking about the numbers associated with our country! You live in quite a rural part of the country while I live in quite an urban part of the country (Auckland). I've always been so fascinated by how New Zealand can have so many different elements to it and I absolutely love that about our country. You've posted some great photos that relate well to the topic but remember to make sure you attribute the photos you use next time. Would you like to live in a busy city for a while? We have lots of shopping malls and movie theatres here in Auckland which provide plenty of entertainment! I like to go to the countryside every once in a while to enjoy the fresh air, peace, and quiet. I didn't know that the city of London itself has around double the population of New Zealand, wow! Australia is much, much bigger than us, I wonder what they do with all the extra space. Those are some awesome facts that you have included to this post.

    Keep up the wonderful work,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.