Monday, January 8, 2018

Activity 1: Popular Culture – The Silent Movie

Day 2: The Roaring 20’s (The 1920s)
Activity 1: Popular Culture – The Silent Movie

This activity i had to watch a trailer of a silent movie and say what I thought the movie is about, and if I would like to watch one.
I watched the Lions Cage and I think its a circus story and maybe the guy gets into trouble like being stuck in the lions cage and maybe he becomes friends with the lion?
He was a very good climber so maybe he was in the circus or wanted to be in the circus? There was a girl who was super afraid of lions and she fainted when she saw it but maybe she will get over her fear if she sees a nice lion. Maybe the dog doesn't like people and barks every time he sees someone.

I'm not really sure if I would like these movies. I was thinking at the start I wouldn't like these movies because they would be boring and I wouldn't know whats happening but they are very good at facial expressions and stuff so I knew what was happening and it was really pretty funny. I would not be able to act like that, you would have to be really good at acting and it would be really hard not to say anything for that long.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Jess,

    Thank you so much for completing this activity, and for providing us with a nice summary of what happened in the silent film, "Lions Cage" — I'm glad to see that your opinion changed from being bored to being intrigued, awesome!
    Isn't it awesome to discover that acting is more than just narration? It's more than words; it's expression. Silent films really helped to cement that fact.
    What are you favourite films?

    Keep up the awesome mahi!

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.